Scrapbooking - Day 1

16/7/2021

Exactly two months ago (coincidence?) WAS my birthday. A week later, my sister's birthday present to me arrived, and it was Enhypen's Ggu-Ggu package. Inside contained stuff for... scrapbooking. Which is not something I usually do nor am I very adept at. But today I decided, for 40 minutes, that was all I was going to do. So, opening this picture book that I'm supposed to cut snippets out of:

Found an easy target for today's scrapbooking. I'm not creative enough to cut full pictures uniquely and paste them onto the notebook but since these are already in premade circles, I can use them. 

Scissors were not very nice to me, but her, I at least managed to remove the page. Cut them into strips so that each circle will be easier to access. I'm lucky I didn't accidentally tear anything. 

Those circles were obviously made for these circular outlines. They're not too visible in the photo above (I just took them quickly with my phone) but they're there, with name labels for each member. I should have put each member with their wrong name-

What the cover of the book filled with pictures (where the circle photos could be found) looks like. Sunoo's the biggest one. Personally like how collage-y the cover is. It fits the theme, and it's young and lively like them. 

Cut them up and lined them up in age order. Wish I knew how to rotate it so that it's horizontal. Was too lazy so hopefully this was done well enough.

Our house is scarce for stationery. Like, I doubt we'd ever find a gluestick. Then I remembered a school friend of mine gave me a gluestick (his gluestick. He didn't actually get me anything I think he just wanted to give me something) for my birthday. Apparently it was useful after all. Now I used two birthday presents.

Jungwon's stuck on. I applied the glue on Jungwon before sticking it onto the template. I have no idea if it should be the other way round so I ended up applying glue to the paper for the next person, Ni-ki

I labelled which members had glue on their backs and which had glue on the sheet. It alternates because if one were to fall out, I could attribute one reason to how the glue was applied.

02z left. (Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, from top to bottom) 

They're all in their rightful spots now. That's the main infrastructure down. (I might be exaggerating when I call in infrastructure, but hey, it adds to the variety of vocabulary on this blog. I have no idea how many times I've used the word applied already). Infrastructure as in the main structure of the entire page before I add more decorations or something. 

The trash. And some details. I was too lazy to think of how to store them so I decided why not just use it on a different page. So I cut them out.

Remembered that we didn't just have to cut out everything. Deco tape. We had deco tape.
To be honest, I was never good with tape or stickers or anything of the like because I was too fearful to use them. I liked accumulating them. I found them too precious to just use because I didn't want to end up throwing things away and having to throw away the sticker too. Learnt my lesson too late to just use them. So yeah, here I am.
And yeah, I have a pinky mole. I'm not sure if it's a mole because it just showed up one day and it took me a few days to realise it wasn't dirt or a pen mark. It might have been a burn. It matches the one by my tear duct.

Placed the sticker bound to the sides of the roll of tape onto a random page. Not exactly proud of where I put them but hey, sometimes randomness is the one that leads to art. I've never been a meticulous person so yeah.

Sunoo :D He's giving me a bright smile which means naturally I've got to use him. The tape pattern consists of each member in their theme colour and a speech bubble on the top. I'll use Sunghoon and Sunoo since they're the first two, and they're the great Tom and Jerry friendship :P

The Border: Day One cover was a cutout too. I kind of regret pasting Sunghoon on disgonally. I only thought of pasting it vertically when I was pasting Sunoo onto the page. Oh well. Mistakes are fun to laugh at. I've always liked recounting behind-the-scenes of anything I do, and this would make a good mini anecdote.
And I'm really not good at calligraphy. Or writing nicely. So don't judge the three at the top-right corner. I like weird things (although it isn't really weird. If anything, neat handwriting is weirder. How do you all even do it?)

I forgot to take more photos of my progress along the way, so I took photos of the end product. Furbished the pages with the sticker sheets given in the package, each sheet designed by each member along with outlines of themselves.

Next to each member is a sticker designed by them. Ni-ki and Sunoo by far have the cutest stickers, they're meticulous and detailed. Jake, on the other hand... just look at the sticker next to him and you have an idea of the rest of the sheet (actually, no you won't. His gummy bear is horrendous. But hey, he's the representative for bad artists out there. I'm self-taught in drawing so I'm decent but not everyone watches anime so)

The Given-Taken page. This is actually the third page but I didn't take the photos in order. Added two stickers and captions for the tape and stickers. Sunghoon says "Good song, bro". Sunoo's says "^^".

Okay so regrettably this page is a little empty. I had plans on what to fill them up with: the details and in which member's photo they show up in. I ended up not though, because I couldn't find it. I might have better luck if I find the published photos of the Ggu-Ggu shoot on the internet, then I'll update. Embellished them with some stickers.

It took about 40 minutes (okay. Exactly 40 minutes maybe, since I used the Study Bunny timer to keep track of the amount of time I wanted to do this before moving on to a new task), but hey, 40 minutes is good enough. It took me two months to get started so it couldn't be any worse.

I debated between publishing this story in my daily life blog or here, but ended up settling with here since K-pop is technically a hobby of mine, so this would be more suitable. Anyways, that's it for updates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhythm Hive 1

Episteme - July 11th - Socionics Intertype Relations

Episteme - Compensatory 10th July - Bladder Mystery